Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bunny Cupcake trials

I've been scouring the internet for cute bunny cupcake ideas. I have several upcoming orders for easter themed cakes and cupcakes but none of them are what I had in my head! I guess I have to get creative for myself sometimes too ;)

I had some leftover frosting, so I baked some cupcakes yesterday. I tried out two different (yet very similar, lol) techniques for making some bunny cupcakes with the colors and materials I had on hand. The cupcake with the pink frosting has a large marshmallow sliced width-wise, and then I cut into that length-wise to give the ears the split down the middle. The cheeks are two mini marshmallows, the eyes are two nonpareils and the nose is an upside down heart sprinkle. The cupcake with the green grass frosting is two slices of a large marshmallow, cut side dipped in red sugar (I didn't have pink on hand...), and then the same upside down heart sprinkle with marshmallows for the nose and cheeks, and nonpareils for the eyes. I wish I had more frosting...this is literally exactly what I had left so I was struggling to make it last to do just these two cupcakes! If I did these again, I'd use pink sugar instead of red, and do all the ears like the one on the left in the picture. I'd probably even put another nonpareil under the cheeks for a little tongue poking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment